Finding the right diet for your pet is important, but is it enough to make sure your pet is healthy?
Water is essential for your little furry friends. Hydration is key to maintaining good health for our pets and they will need to replace the fluids they lose through sweating and their bowel movements. Similar to humans, water plays an important role in their health, for example, supporting blood flow circulation, digestion, waste removal, and the immune system. Dehydration can cause severe medical concerns as the cells and organs like kidneys and liver stop functioning properly.
How much water do your pets need?
Due to factors like age, physical activity, temperature, and weather, the amount of water needed for your dog or cat differs. For relatively young and healthy dogs and cats. they should be drinking 40ml and 60ml of water per kilogram of their body weight per day respectively.
There are dehydration signs that you should look out for to prevent your pets from falling sick. For dogs, you can check the condition of their gums—if the gums look dry, sticky, or light, this could be a sign of dehydration. For cats, you should observe if they’re panting more than usual, if they’re refusing to eat, if they seem lethargic, or if there are signs of sunken eyes or tacky and dry gums. Other general signs include weak pulses, increased heart rate, dry eyes, and/or loss of skin elasticity.
How to prevent dehydration for your pets?
The weather in Malaysia is consistently hot. Similar to humans, our pets will also require more water to replenish the water they lose through sweating. Here are some suggestions to prevent your pets from becoming dehydrated.
- Make sure there’s a constant supply of clean water. To make sure the water is fresh, change it frequently and also wash the bowl often to prevent bacterial growth.
- Instead of using a plastic or light bowl, look for a bowl with a weighted bottom so your pets won’t knock it over and end up drinking water from the floor.
- Bring your dogs out for walks early in the morning or in the evenings to avoid the intense heat during the day.
- If you’re bringing your pets out, make sure to bring along a bottle of water and a water bowl. Puddles of water on the ground might be dirty and could be filled with bacteria that is bad for your pets.
- Monitor your pet’s water intake. Make sure that your pets are drinking enough water, whether they’re at home or outside.
- Avoid being out in the heat for too long. If the weather is hot, remember to rehydrate your furry kids every 10 or 15 minutes.
- Setting up a drinking fountain with clean running water for your pets could encourage them to drink more water.
- You could also provide your pets with wet food along with dry kibbles as the moisture in the wet food is a source of water for them as well.
If you’d like to boost your pet’s health, consider switching their normal drinking water with hydrogen water. Hydrogen water has plenty of benefits for humans, most importantly its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects that can also prevent common diseases like ear dermatosis, teeth and gum diseases, and bone problems that could affect your pet’s well-being.
Here are some of the benefits of hydrogen water:
|✔️ Reduces pain caused by inflammation||✔️ Decreases damage caused by oxidative stress|
|✔️ Helps form strong muscles and bone health||✔️ Reduces chances of developing allergies|
|✔️ Improves overall immunity and youthfulness||✔️ Prevents respiratory diseases and heart diseases|
|✔️ Relieves inflammation and skin allergy||✔️ Reduces odor (80% reduction in fecal odor)|
|✔️ Helps digestibility and smooth waste discharge||✔️ Helps maintain glossy skin and coat|
While we can make sure our pets get the proper nutrition they need through their diet, hydrogen water is another great source to help improve their overall health. When you get a quality hydrogen water machine like Hi-Bliss, your whole family, including your furry kids, are able to enjoy all the benefits of hydrogen water.
For humans, its strong anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects can prevent major health issues like high-blood pressure, diabetes, heart diseases, joint pain, and slow down the ageing process. Get in touch with us to learn more about portable hydrogen water generators today.